Remote Access broadly describes technologies used to access your work environment, in a secure manner, while travelling or working from home. Remote access solutions can be as simple as a PPTP server requiring only username and password to a more complex solution that encompasses;
- SSL\TLS transport to allow traversal of more firewalls
- Multi Factor Authentication to confirm authenticity of the remote users
- Shared secrets or certificates to provide an additional security layer
- Endpoint posture assessment to execute checks on remote devices to ensure they meet company policy and are deemed secure enough to connect.
- Full tunneling to ensure that all internet access is filtered as per company policy.