05 Apr Cybersecurity facts of 2018
With rapid digitalization and the inter-networked world leading to a huge data explosion combined with relentless growth of transformative technologies, the importance of cybersecurity, now and in the future is unquestionable.
Below are a list of predictions and statistics for cybersecurity.
- Cyber crime damage costs are predicted to hit $6 trillion annually by 2021. Up by $3 trillion since 2015
- Global spending on cybersecurity products and services are predicted to exceed $1 trillion over 5 years, fro 2017 to 2021
- Cyber crime will more than triple the number of unfilled cybersecurity jobs, which is predicted to reach 3.5 million by 2021
- Over 75% of the healthcare industry has been infected with malware over the last year
- Global ransomware damage costs are predicted to exceed $5billion in 2017/2018. Up from $325 million in 2015 – a 15X increase in two years.
- 230,000 new malware samples are produced everyday
Jasco Consulting is aware of the evolving cyber attacks and potential negative turmoil it can have on any organization. As a result, Jasco has placed an emphasis on being fully equipped with the resources necessary to tackle cyber attacks and provide the best form of cybersecurity in the industry.